Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Buried Treasure

Seth Apter at The Altered Page is hosting a Buried Treasurer event - and having bloggers re-post an entry from the past.  I searched and searched through my early posts, and after what took me far to long, I decided on the following from January 2011.  .... I continue to work at believing and being brave.

Early in January (2011) I choose the word BELIEVE to guide me through the upcoming year. I could believe and stay safely in my comfort zone, but that is not what I want. Instead I want to push myself out of my comfort zone and believe in myself there. Being Brave has become part of my believing mantra. I need to be brave, push myself a bit, and still believe.
AND so bravely, I took the face I had drawn and decided to paint it.
It is a bit different process then what I have done in the past, and I pushed myself forward. I believe that these tiny steps forward will help move me forward with bigger steps that are to come this year. I will continue to be brave and believe - one step at a time.

18 comments:

  1. gorgeous painting! looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Kim! Good job and good for you.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely say it was worth the risk... you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, shes's lovely! I love that background too!
    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book is wonderful...and your art is beautiful! I am going to try to work in an art journal this year! I know....I just need to be brave and start! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered your blog tonight from a posting on another blog where I think you won their OWOH prize! I don't even remember what blog because I've been here so long looking at all your amazing art! This is beautiful! Being a true artist is all about taking risks (she says to herself also!) that's how we grow to become better artists. I can't wait to see what else you create on this journey so I'm going to become a follower!

    See you around,
    xoEsther

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely lovely post! I revel is discovering artists who push themselves. Nice work!
    It's nice to discover all the Buried Treasure collaborators - this is my first year participating, and it's so fun to discover new blogs. Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful painting. Thank you so much for sharing it. I am intrigued by the idea of choosing a word or phrase to guide your artistic explorations throughout the year. Something I may have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog...being brave is a good mantra...I'm using the same for my mountain biking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim I entered my comment while signed in as my daughter as I'm using her machine just now. Let's try the same under my own name:

    Kim this is beautiful original art as always art friend. I love your message and I'm pulling the 'brave' card out from my sleeve these days as well!! Love this post, *smiles* Norma
    p.s. when I'd re-posted my entry for the 'Buried Treasure' adventure, I took the time to see who had been originally linked as the person who'd inspired me to find the egg I'd made. And lo and behold it was YOU! I am always inspired by your work. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim, this painting is beautiful! There are many "faces" out there, but I think that yours stands out in the crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is beautiful Kim, So glad you finished her and gave her life as art. Congratulations for growing along the way. We all need bravery. Thanks for sharing. kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoy your work, your style and the artwork on the teabags. I have been experimenting a little and made a stamp and printed some ferns on teabags.
    There is always something beautiful in your work, this painting is just another example of how you achieve something original and so pretty.
    I hope you are feeling much better. Hope summer is being kind in your part of the world. Look forward to seeing what you create next.
    millyx

    ReplyDelete
  14. she is just beautiful!! I love her nose and the hair alot!!

    ReplyDelete