Wednesday, November 24, 2010

In the Making

I have been very busy this week, making things with tea bags and leaves and fabric and metal. I am trying to build up a bit more inventory of creations, while still enjoying the making.
And after much "eeny meeny miny moeing", I finally decided which pendant I wanted to keep myself. The winner is the one with the face in it. The reason I decided on it was that it contained more of "me", as I painted the face.

Recently I was questioned about how to make these.... I am afraid I can't say more than the bezels are made by soldering pieces of metal together, and then filled with an image and resin - I can't answer that question in detail, as I took an online course from the amazing Stephanie Lee to learn how to make them. I believe she is offering another course very soon. It was a wonderful course, and I would highly recommend it if you are interested in learning how to make them. You can also see a bit more about my makings at this blog post
this post
and this post
Here is the beginning of more tea bag art - I continue to work on the floor surrounded by teabags, dried flowers and leaves, pieces of material, and bottles of ink and glue. It is a good thing my friends like to drink so much tea!






What am I making you may ask..... but for now I have to keep that a secret.





3 comments:

  1. This is stunning...I was just about to go to bed when I noticed your comment on my blog and needed to have a little look on yours. I ll be back it looks so yum here I now have to follow you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I think I know what you are making! love the green/blue colors - might have to buy one of those for my mothers christmas gift!?
    Thanks for your comment on my blog, of course you can see them this weekend - except for my teabag card which I already gave away. See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one thing to say: LOVELY! I can't wait to see what you are cooking up now!! So exciting... And you must know that I also love that little birdie bezel..
    Have a great weekend!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete