Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happiness in a Messy Studio

This may look messy - but to me it looks happy - it is a place where I am busy and creating.

And, if you look closely among the mess you will see the makings of some little books - the glue is drying, and the wax coating the covers them is waiting to be polished up before the pages are sewn inside.


In another corner a number of bezels are waiting to be filled with images and beads and resin. These are just in the looking stage - nothing has been glued down - I look and ponder for a while before the final picture is chosen and glued down and filled with resin.


And then there is a basket of paintings waiting to be packaged.



If my studio looks like this, it usually means it has been a day of cleaning and not creating - and then my studio is not such a happy place.




3 comments:

  1. so true! I would rather be creating than cleaning any day! unfortunately, my children would love to get their hands on some of that fresh paint and glue, but I love to see the mess at the end of a whirlwind of artistic expression. It helps me acknowledge the hard work I just put into a project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just wonderful! I know the feeling - this means you are indeed creating something. Enjoy your blog. Sandra

    ReplyDelete