Monday, October 18, 2010

Teabag Art Cards

I continue on in my need to get creations made to sell at the two sales I am attending in November. I enjoy creating.... good thing, as everything I make seems to take longer than expected. These teabag art cards are no exception.
Although I do drink tea, I have friends that save there teabags for me that I use in making these cards. Each card uses 2 teabags, which I add pressed flowers, leaves, and bits of material too.


I made cards in a variety of colours - with a variety of flowers, petals and leaves.


Each card took about 20 minutes to make, and I have made about 60 cards. I have decided that that will be enough, as although I enjoyed making them, I wouldn't enjoy it if I were to make more.



The decorated tea bags, wrap around to the back of the card, and are only glued along the fold, and a little bit on both sides of the fold.
Now, I just have to package them up, and they will be ready for the sale.
I wonder what I will work on next...




8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. the flowers are pressed first then glued on to the bottom layer of tea bag. The top tea bag is then glued on top.

      Delete
  2. Oooooo...do you have an left to sell???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Joyce - I sold out of these a long time ago - but have been thinking about making more. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Judy - No paint, but I do use a bit of different colours of ink

      Delete