Friday, October 1, 2010

Joy and Disapointment

I loved making this little book, and when I look at it today it brings me joy.

I enjoyed filling it with a variety of decorated pages that I painted, or stamped on, or sewed bits and pieces on, or drew on. Every page was fun.

I also loved the way it turned out - using old pieces of paper and making them new and beautiful again. The book feels very nice in my hand - and like so many things I create, it contains a bit of my heart
I made this book to submit it to a magazine that was holding a challenge. My hope was that it would be chosen to be showcased in the magazine.
But it wasn't......

..... and I was very disapointed.
But, now as time has gone by I once more find much joy in this little book. I have put it in with the collection of books I have for sale, but I have not decided whether I will sell it
or keep it for myself.
I find that it once again brings me much joy.




4 comments:

  1. It's nice to come back around, isn't it? Don't let that disappointment tarnish your love of that book. It's too lovely and it was made with so much love. I say keep it and enjoy it. Sometimes I think it is the responsibility of the artist to keep some of their favorite or their best works...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you admire your own work so deeply ~ that says so much! enjoy...either way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those pages! so ragged and beautiful loving it!! :)thanks for your comment! that was sweet of you! yeah soon winter will be her too.....sigh* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book is gorgeous and was obviously destined for something greater than the magazine... So glad the card arrived :-)
    Hope you'll join in again (next Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap launching very soon)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete