Monday, October 25, 2010

The (great big) Stitched Postcard Swap

Beth Nicholls is hosting a second postcard swap. If you want to join in you will have to hurry - there is still time, but you have to join in by Friday. Click here to learn more about it!

The theme this time around is home. Last time the theme was time.

Here is the postcard I created - it has many layers of "stuff" that I fused together, and then I embroidered on top of it, sewed around the edges, and glued it onto a hard backing. It travelled all the way from Northern Canada to Aukland New Zealand.



I am not sure what I will make with the new theme - nor where it will travel too, but I am looking forward to the fun! Why don't you join in - even if you don't create things too often this is the perfect opportunity to create something.








2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim

    Your postcard was so gorgeous. Excited to see what you create this time!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! I'm finally an "öffical" follower!
    I also signed up for the Great Big Stitched Postcard swap and even have some ideas!
    Thanks Kim!

    ReplyDelete