Friday, October 8, 2010

Earrings and a Photo Shoot

Two days ago I spent a full day soldering little bits of things ready to make jewellery. I enjoyed the day, but don't have much to show for it yet, as most of the jewellery is still in the making stages, and aren't too interesting to look at. At the end of the day, I had the desire to finish at least one thing, and I choose to finish this one pair of earrings.....
I soldered a piece of brass and then soldered a lovely little bird made of brass on top of that - blackened it to add depth, cleaned the whole thing up, drilled the holes, added some chain, made the ear wires out of silver wire, and voila - one completed pair of earrings at the end of the day.

Early yesterday morning the light on the mountains was beautiful, so I grabbed my camera and went for a walk.


I managed to take a few pictures of the mountains, before the light changed......


and on my walk home I discovered the light had shifted, making lovely colours in bits of fall grasses.





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pendants !!! and amazing photos.
    I love especially the last.
    A hug,

    Judit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos & the earrings look great! Hope you have a productive week this week.
    Thanks for the super cute crown! I was surprised to find it in my bed! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete