Monday, December 14, 2009

Continue to Learn



I can't tell you how many mistakes I made getting this post to work the way I wanted it to. But I continue to learn everyday, all the time. I drew this picture a while ago.... have not managed to get to my sketchbook to do more drawing, but I promise myself it will happen soon - how soon, I don't know. I wanted to post the photograph that I used to draw this from. It doesn't look the same, and I wasn't intending it to, it was more of a reference for me. BUT then I realized that there may be some copyright issues with it, so I better not show it. I don't know much about copyright. Anyway then I had problems scanning and straightening the images etc. But here they are. This is the drawing......

and here is the painting I did with the drawing. I wasn't intending for it to look real - just like a bird with some berries and some paint and words splattered around on it. THe words say "no need to fly". I am not completely happy with the painting, but I haven't been doing much painting lately, and I think I have only painted one bird before, so I will continue to learn. I think I like the drawing better than the painting. But I have both so that is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment